Return to Living Here

Pest Control

Pest control is a covered claim through HMG and you may submit pest control claims only with prior Embassy approval. However, to be able to do so you will need to:

  • Approach the Landlord or agent to let them know of the problem and see if they willcover the cost (if they will not, keep in writing and submit with claim)
  • Use off-the-shelf pest control products, (keep reciepts as proof as these are also claimable)
  • Email USA SP GP Housing team to get authorisation letter
  • Obtain 3 quotes from local pest control companies (download template from bottom of this post)
  • Complete form 320 (download from bottom of this post)

Please note that when you come to submit your claim you should attach the above documentation along with the original receipts for the service carried out as CPC will need to see you have undertaken the relevant measures before claiming against the public purse.

If the pest issue is severe enough to warrant a contract you can enter into an agreement after obtaining 3 quotes and you will be able to claim a maximum of $150 per quarter


You are required to hold all receipts for three taxable years for audit purposes.

FORM 320:  Please attach original invoice/statement to the relevant Form and submit to the Claims Processing Centre (CPC) at the following address or via the USA Sp Gp internal mail:

British Defence Staff – US
British Embassy
3100 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington DC 20008-3600

DOWNLOAD FORM 320 >>>>320 – Utility Expenditure Claim Form incl Pest Control<<<<

DOWNLOAD QUOTES TEMPLATE>>>>Pest control -Quotes Form<<<<