1. On 1 March 2014, RN/RM Welfare introduced a single access point into the Naval Service welfare organisation called the RN/RM Welfare Portal. The RN/RM Welfare Portal is the primary means by which Naval Service personnel, their families, the Command and partner agencies will contact and access all RN/RM Welfare services.
2. The RN/RM Welfare Portal provides specialist welfare support to service users and takes third party referrals, including all advice and guidance previously provided by the locally based RN/RM Welfare teams; only cases assessed as requiring face-to-face intervention will be transferred to local teams. This system does not preclude the Divisional/Regimental system from liaising with local RN/RM Welfare Offices in relation to ongoing casework.
3. The RN/RM Welfare Portal is a streamlined service that enables local Hub/Satellite Teams to focus on community activities and the more complex, longer term personal support casework within their respective locations.
4. The contact details for the RN/RM Welfare Portal are:
RN/RM Welfare Portal Team
Tel: (Mil): 9380 28777 (Civ): 0044 (0)2392 728777
Fax: (Mil): 9380 25082 (Civ): 0044 (0)2392 725082
DII: NAVY PERS-welfare (MULTIUSER)
5. The RN/RM Welfare Portal will be manned from 0800 hrs to 1630 hrs Mon to Thu and 0830 hrs to 1600 hrs on Fri, with the exception of recognised public holidays. The RN/RM Welfare Out of Hours provision will remain unchanged and can be accessed via relevant OOW or RM establishment as appropriate.