Return to Community Support



The Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (JCCC) provides a compassionate casework service world-wide. If circumstances should arise, while a Service person is overseas, families and relatives can apply for her/his return on compassionate grounds – for example in the event of a death in the family, serious illness or serious family crisis.

The Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre(JCCC) can be contacted at any time of the day or night by calling 01452 519951 or by fax: 01452 510807

Details are provided on Form JPA P001 ‘Compassionate Leave Travel from Overseas’. This small credit-card sized form is designed to be issued to personnel assigned overseas so that they may give it to their families and relatives. It provides advice on how to get help in the event of a problem. The form provides an area for Service Personnel to write their Service Number in order to assist their families and relatives should they need to contact the JCCC.

In the most serious cases, Category A, the JCCC will authorise the return of an individual by the fastest possible means and will work closely with the Defence Transport and Movements Agency Compassionate Travel Cell to achieve that aim. Granting of compassionate leave is a matter for the individual’s Commanding Officer.

Nomination of a UK Emergency Contact – JPA

In recognition that we are serving and living away from our close family and friends in the UK,
it is recommended that you think carefully about who you would want to be notified should the unthinkable happen to you or your family.  Many of us only have our immediate Next of Kin recorded on JPA and in many cases, this will be your spouse who is living with you in the USA.  If this is the case, we strongly encourage you to give some serious consideration to providing the details of an additional UK based nominee. We all hope and pray that this information will never be needed but please take a moment to ensure the JCCC and that USA Support Group(Tidewater) are able to contact the people who you want to be notified in the case of emergencies, by reviewing your Personal Information and Emergency Contact Nominee information on JPA.

Let your family and close friends in the UK know that they can use the JCCC as a means of notifying you of emergencies involving relatives. The JCCC will then get hold of you via the Embassy or USA Support Group(Tidewater).