Return to Education

Claiming for Schoolchildren’s Supplies

If your school provides an annual list of supplies that must be provided by your child, you can claim a $45 allowance for each eligible child to assist you with the purchase of these materials.

In order to claim this allowance through the CPC, you need to attach an itemized supply list to a Form 511 (link below) – you may claim the allowance for multiple children on one form as long as each child’s list is attached.

There is no requirement to attach your receipts to your claim. You may claim this allowance prior to the purchase of the supplies.

You can only claim this allowance once per school year, even if your school issues a further list of supplies to be purchased at mid-year.

Link to Form 511 here