Brit Fund Update
The committee represents the broad spectrum of civilian and Service personnel in the area and it exists to provide a focal point to deliver and support a range of events that support individuals and their families who are assigned to the Tidewater area. Your committee is: Al Rutledge, Ben Moran, Tony Solomon, Sean King, Laura McMann, Michaela Craze and Wendy Furness.
We now have a couple of vacancies coming up on the Brit Fund Committee so please let us know if you are interested in joining us!!
2018 Events – Diary markers:
- 25 Mar – Easter Hunt/BBQ. Brit Fund lead. Details to follow – volunteer required to organise.
- 14 Apr – RAF 100. Led by the RAF100 committee (POC Wg Cdr Jon Millington), this will be an inclusive family event (English Fete theme) to be held at the Military Aviation Museum to mark the Centenary of the RAF.
- 26 April – NATO Fest. Great day in Norfolk celebrated with all the NATO nations. Details of parade and festivities to follow from the organising committee (POC Lt Col David Blow).
- 14 April– 100 Km Charity Bike Ride. See details in separate post.
- 20 October– Trafalgar Night. Led by the Royal Navy contingent (POC Cdr Chris Bennett). The dining event plans be open to all ranks and their partners in order to mark the 213th anniversary of Trafalgar Night, observing best tradition. Details to follow.
- If you would like to see a particular event, or would like to lead in organising an event, please speak to any of the committee – we’d love to hear from you. Finally, to become a member of the Brit Fund, please visit the NLR office and speak to either Laura or Wendy. Membership is just $50/tour (military accompanied), $25/tour (military unaccompanied) or $15/year (civilians). Your membership will help the committee provide and support events for the benefit of the Brit community. Thanks you for all your support and we look forward to seeing you at an event in 2018.
- Al Rutledge (Chairman, Brit Fund)